Skip to main content

Santa Brought Me a New Laptop!!!




Just a quick post. Hope everyone had a good Christmas! Santa was good to me, I have a new laptop, and Photoshop is installed and ready to go. Woohoo! I took these pics the day before Christmas Eve, very very very cold here in Maine, my fingers were freezing and I couldn't snap too many. Little did I know that it was going to get even colder. Minus 3 degrees here when I woke up, not counting the wind chill. Good day to stay indoors, too bad I am dying to get out there and get some pictures now that I can upload them again. Too bad Santa didn't bring me gloves. Guess I'm headed to Wal-Mart to get myself some warm clothing.  Hopefully I will be updating more often now.  Sold another photo on istock! Go me! :)


Check out my Adobe portfolio HERE


Or my Shutterstock portfolio HERE


Or my istock/Getty portfolio HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been uber busy!

I had so much free time on my hands when I began this challenge for myself, then my hubby got hurt, my kid got engaged and is shopping for a new home, just life. Life is happening. I have only taken a handful of photos in the past week, let alone join any challenges. It doesn't help that my computer died completely and my electronically helpful son has had food poisoning and hasn't had a chance to come by and look at it for me. Hubby's stitches are due to come out today, my teen needs to get 70 driving hours in, my disabled son just wants me to get in the car and drive, anywhere. Oy! Did I mention my washer and dryer recently died on me as well? Laundry mats are super fun! Said no one, ever. Anywho, I'm hoping for a few moments to get some photos up today. Would be so much easier with a computer, but I will "suffer" through on my tablet. :) All is good in the world, just a little chaotic at the moment. Hope everyone is having a great day! So far anyway. It...

First Post This Year!

I hope you had a fun and safe New Year!  As I mentioned before, my wedding anniversary was on New Year's Eve, so my hubby took me to our favorite place for a Scorpion Bowl, or two 😉.  Took a couple of my kids with us to drive, one of the perks of having a houseful of teens, I guess!   My awesome hubby bought me flowers, of course, which I promptly disassembled and took pictures of, and played around in Photoshop,  on my NEW LAPTOP that Santa (or my son's and hubby) bought me for Christmas.  I was so excited! Still am, thus all the explanation points. (!!!) Pretty, right? They are pretty all together in their vase too, I assure you.  Ok, I took a quick pic with my cell phone, just to show he did indeed buy me a "bunch" of flowers, not just the two I edited above. :) And a card too! Since I was in such a good mood, and my profile pic on HERE is now from last year, I took a selfie, cause...

Day 7: Figure out Presets/Overlays

Since I've been trying to peddle my photos I haven't had time to enter the weekly challenges at ViewBug or Photocrowd,  but I'm still challenging myself every day. I have been told that presets on Lightroom or Photoshop will save me hours of editing time, so I'm going to try to figure it all out. I'm old, what can I say? Here is the original: The first overlay is called Woodland Fairy: This is Storybook 4 The third is Vintage Lace 6: All 3 overlays I bought from Lemon and Lace Studios, as part of the "Complete Store Bundle" Check them out here . So, some of the tones just don't work with this particular photo, I just wanted to try them out and figure out what I was doing. This whole thing is an ongoing learning experience for me! I've only had Photoshop/Lightroom for ten days or so, I am learning the very basics still. But I'm impatient and want to jump right in! Did you know you could buy Photo...