Skip to main content

Day 5 and 6

It figures that once I commit myself to a daily blog challenge I lose my wifi! Like I said, we live in the sticks, but luckily Time Warner got their heads out of their butts and got us back online. So, YAY.  Yesterday I revisited my favorite sunset site, a local lake with a fantastic view. Sunsets was the name of my challenge, and even though I couldn't get online to admit the photo into the contest, I will still share here. Not that anyone cares, but I do. I do this for me, after all.  As usual, I took about 100, maybe more, and they all look similar, but you never know that until you get home, so I don't like to take chances! I'd rather delete 500 photos every day than miss the perfect shot. Anyway, here are a couple of my favorites:



A few tweaks of my camera settings and we have a whole different look at the same thing. Taken minutes apart. I watched the kayakers and waited for them to get in my line of view. So pretty.  


Today, I went to visit the Desert of Maine. It's a real thing, check it out. 


My photo looks just like many others I saw out there on the website, but eh, I took this one myself. Wish there had been puffy white clouds, and I know I could Photoshop them in there but there's no point in that!


A challenge on Viewbug that I wanted to shoot for was "On the Job", which happens to be my own challenge that I submitted to other Viewbug members. Didn't see anything fitting that category at the Desert, other than some really cool old tools, the barn there is over 200 years old, so cool. We aren't allowed to go in certain areas though, which limits the composition of my photos. Which kinda sucks. If I had asked permission maybe I could have taken better pictures of the barn and such, but honestly it was hella hot, and my son and hubby were waiting while I took a gazillion photos. So I let it go.  Luckily for me, we went to Freeport (Maine, home of LLBean!) afterwards, since it's the next town over, and found a dock and marina and got some cool pics there:




Freeport Marina was foggy and beautiful. I've never seen an ugly marina yet, I love them as much as I love sunsets and lighthouses. 
"On the Job" photos an consist of office space, coworkers, tools you work with, a guy in work clothes, pretty much anything goes. I have a few to mull over of the dock guy, I think I'll use him in my contest. Wish me luck! 

If you're interested,  check out my istockphoto portfolio HERE!

Or my Adobe portfolio HERE

Or Shutterstock portfolio HERE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been uber busy!

I had so much free time on my hands when I began this challenge for myself, then my hubby got hurt, my kid got engaged and is shopping for a new home, just life. Life is happening. I have only taken a handful of photos in the past week, let alone join any challenges. It doesn't help that my computer died completely and my electronically helpful son has had food poisoning and hasn't had a chance to come by and look at it for me. Hubby's stitches are due to come out today, my teen needs to get 70 driving hours in, my disabled son just wants me to get in the car and drive, anywhere. Oy! Did I mention my washer and dryer recently died on me as well? Laundry mats are super fun! Said no one, ever. Anywho, I'm hoping for a few moments to get some photos up today. Would be so much easier with a computer, but I will "suffer" through on my tablet. :) All is good in the world, just a little chaotic at the moment. Hope everyone is having a great day! So far anyway. It...

First Post This Year!

I hope you had a fun and safe New Year!  As I mentioned before, my wedding anniversary was on New Year's Eve, so my hubby took me to our favorite place for a Scorpion Bowl, or two 😉.  Took a couple of my kids with us to drive, one of the perks of having a houseful of teens, I guess!   My awesome hubby bought me flowers, of course, which I promptly disassembled and took pictures of, and played around in Photoshop,  on my NEW LAPTOP that Santa (or my son's and hubby) bought me for Christmas.  I was so excited! Still am, thus all the explanation points. (!!!) Pretty, right? They are pretty all together in their vase too, I assure you.  Ok, I took a quick pic with my cell phone, just to show he did indeed buy me a "bunch" of flowers, not just the two I edited above. :) And a card too! Since I was in such a good mood, and my profile pic on HERE is now from last year, I took a selfie, cause...

Day 7: Figure out Presets/Overlays

Since I've been trying to peddle my photos I haven't had time to enter the weekly challenges at ViewBug or Photocrowd,  but I'm still challenging myself every day. I have been told that presets on Lightroom or Photoshop will save me hours of editing time, so I'm going to try to figure it all out. I'm old, what can I say? Here is the original: The first overlay is called Woodland Fairy: This is Storybook 4 The third is Vintage Lace 6: All 3 overlays I bought from Lemon and Lace Studios, as part of the "Complete Store Bundle" Check them out here . So, some of the tones just don't work with this particular photo, I just wanted to try them out and figure out what I was doing. This whole thing is an ongoing learning experience for me! I've only had Photoshop/Lightroom for ten days or so, I am learning the very basics still. But I'm impatient and want to jump right in! Did you know you could buy Photo...