Skip to main content

I'm Baaaàaaaacccck

UGH, in addition to having been so sick, my computer is also still dead. Dead dead. Which uninspired me. I've made two sales so far, which is sad and exciting at the same time. The beautiful,  vibrant fall colors never really happened here which also uninspired me. Took some amazing photos of my dog:



Unfortunately, she is wearing an NFL Jets collar (J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets) so until I can get on a computer with Photoshop I can't sell them. Hubby is a Patriots fan and says he knew no good could come from a Jets collar. Pfft.

I need to sell 1000 photos to fix my computer! Hahaha

So, I have not been shooting a photo a day. In fact, I went an entire week without picking up my camera at all, which is sad. But I didn't see the point without being able to edit them at all before uploading to adobe, shutterstock or istock.

To be honest, the landscape around me hasn't been very inspiring either. Dead leaves on the ground, trees bare. Hunters all through our woods are also a deterrent.  Too cold to take my dogs swimming. Sigh.

Tried a small indoor shoot just to do SOMETHING today.



Seems festive, eh? Best I could do. Time for me to get back to ViewBug and Photocrowd to see everyone's work, hoping something there will light a spark and give me some ideas. Otherwise I will be having a photo shoot with my cat tomorrow.  

Almost forgot, I got a tattoo!!! My first one!


It's a week old and is scabbed over a bit so keep an open mind. It was beautiful on the first day and will be beautiful again in another week. I am so excited! A four leaf clover for my four Irish sons, red heart in the middle for my hubby. And no, it didn't hurt. It's on my right wrist so it's not easy to get a picture of it using my left hand! I can't wait for my next one.

Thanks for hanging with me! Hope you've had a fantastic day!

Check out my photos for sale on Adobe HERE

Or on Shutterstock HERE

Or my biggest portfolio of all on istock HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been uber busy!

I had so much free time on my hands when I began this challenge for myself, then my hubby got hurt, my kid got engaged and is shopping for a new home, just life. Life is happening. I have only taken a handful of photos in the past week, let alone join any challenges. It doesn't help that my computer died completely and my electronically helpful son has had food poisoning and hasn't had a chance to come by and look at it for me. Hubby's stitches are due to come out today, my teen needs to get 70 driving hours in, my disabled son just wants me to get in the car and drive, anywhere. Oy! Did I mention my washer and dryer recently died on me as well? Laundry mats are super fun! Said no one, ever. Anywho, I'm hoping for a few moments to get some photos up today. Would be so much easier with a computer, but I will "suffer" through on my tablet. :) All is good in the world, just a little chaotic at the moment. Hope everyone is having a great day! So far anyway. It...

First Post This Year!

I hope you had a fun and safe New Year!  As I mentioned before, my wedding anniversary was on New Year's Eve, so my hubby took me to our favorite place for a Scorpion Bowl, or two 😉.  Took a couple of my kids with us to drive, one of the perks of having a houseful of teens, I guess!   My awesome hubby bought me flowers, of course, which I promptly disassembled and took pictures of, and played around in Photoshop,  on my NEW LAPTOP that Santa (or my son's and hubby) bought me for Christmas.  I was so excited! Still am, thus all the explanation points. (!!!) Pretty, right? They are pretty all together in their vase too, I assure you.  Ok, I took a quick pic with my cell phone, just to show he did indeed buy me a "bunch" of flowers, not just the two I edited above. :) And a card too! Since I was in such a good mood, and my profile pic on HERE is now from last year, I took a selfie, cause...

Day 7: Figure out Presets/Overlays

Since I've been trying to peddle my photos I haven't had time to enter the weekly challenges at ViewBug or Photocrowd,  but I'm still challenging myself every day. I have been told that presets on Lightroom or Photoshop will save me hours of editing time, so I'm going to try to figure it all out. I'm old, what can I say? Here is the original: The first overlay is called Woodland Fairy: This is Storybook 4 The third is Vintage Lace 6: All 3 overlays I bought from Lemon and Lace Studios, as part of the "Complete Store Bundle" Check them out here . So, some of the tones just don't work with this particular photo, I just wanted to try them out and figure out what I was doing. This whole thing is an ongoing learning experience for me! I've only had Photoshop/Lightroom for ten days or so, I am learning the very basics still. But I'm impatient and want to jump right in! Did you know you could buy Photo...